Friday, September 24, 2010

Any One Can Cook : New Weekly Event


I'm happy to announce this new weekly event Any One Can Cook, actually the whole idea of this event is borrowed from my friends. When I visited my friend's place for this Eid, we had some very good food, good chat and the idea of this event. When we were chatting, one of my friend suggested why don't you start a event with very simple cooking and easy to make, and the other friend immediately said I know what to name it Any One Can Cook, since we were talking about ratatouille, the last night. Thanks to both of them who gave me this excellent idea, one of them is a blogger, I'm not going to reveal her name now. Sice I already  planned for my monthly event, I made this as a weekly event.
 Right let me explain what is about the event, what do you think cooking is a skill, art, is it only for particular talented people or any one can just cook?
 I have heard so many people saying I never entered kitchen before getting married, including me :-)
Whatever we do clear instructions and passion for what we do, will definitely make ourselves excel in that thing. I think cooking is no exception to that.
 So we are having this event

  • For beginners
  • With less ingredients
  • With minimum amount of time spent
Your recipe doesn't have to fall under all these categories, if it falls under any one of the categories that's enough. I'll also explain about each category separately.
For beginners:
For beginners in the sense, it should easy for a person to follow, who is completely new to cooking or just learning cooking. For example you can send cakes, cookies or bread etc... but you have to give clear step by step instructions, so that a beginner can follow. You can also send some recipes which is very easy to prepare with less steps involved without any technical skills. 
With less ingredients:
With less ingredients in the sense with minimum amount of ingredients available, nowadays people keep travelling and sifting. Some people they work in one place during weekdays and they meet their family only during weekends. So when we are travelling or staying some where for a short visit, we may not have all the ingredients available in home like all spices, different types of flour etc..
 So you can send recipes using some basic ingredients like rice, oil, pasta, flour, few vegetables etc....
With minimum amount of time:
In this fast moving world we are always in a rush and almost everybody will say, OMG! no time, where did the time go? We rush in the morning to prepare breakfast, lunch etc.. again we rush.... for each and every meal sometimes. So you can send your recipes which involves less amount of time, not more than 1 hour, 1/2 an hour would be excellent. You can also give some tips for early preparation so that it will make your work easier on the day of cooking.
Alright, so I hope I have made it clear about the event. Remember if your recipe doesn't have to fall under all the three categories, if it meets at least one category that's fine. If your recipe falls under all the categories that's also fine.
So this going to be a weekly event, from Monday to Friday. Monday in my home page I'll have the Mr. Linky tool, where you can link your recipe, on the other days, you can see it on side bar, from where you can link your recipe.
 Anyway I'll give a few rules below to make it more clear
Rules for the event:
1. Your recipe has to fall under any one of the above mentioned category i.e. for beginners, with less ingredients, with minimum amount of time.
2. You can link your recipe from Monday- Friday anytime.
3.No limit to the number of entries.
4.Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian are allowed.
5.Recipes using pork and alcohol are not allowed.
6.Give a link to this event and place the logo in your post.

Event starts coming Monday September 27th, be ready to get post your recipes, you can link anytime from Monday- Friday every week.
So common everybody lets help our family, friends, sister or even our daughters and sons to get cooking. I hope I'll get all your support as always.
Your comments and suggestions are more than welcome, if you have any doubt regarding this, feel free to contact me.

56 comments:

Prathima Rao said...

Yay...im sending mine soon!!Im still in d process of learning n So may be i can experiment wid some simple recipes..

Nivedita Thadani said...

uff!! difficult for an expert cook like me!! hehe!! kidding,
I am going to learn more now through this event. Many easy things we forget as they are easy!!!
I am in. May be not weekly, but will try to participate whenever time permits.
All the best.

Satya said...

wonderful theme ...happy hosting dear

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Indrani said...

excellent idea of event..I am in, will try to participate every week if possible

Namitha said...

Such a cool event..This time I will send something for sure.Will try to participate every week if possible :-)

Mina Joshi said...

Great idea - I will participate as much as I can as I work fulltime.

Unknown said...

Lovely event theme. Will try to participate. Happy hosting.

Priya Suresh said...

Happy hosting, will send my entries..

Unknown said...

Wonderful event..Happy hosting!!

Asiya Omar said...

very nice,carry on dear.my daughter(only 14 years old) use to cook on holidays,i will ask her,if she is ready,we will send.

sonu said...

gr8 thinking ! will definately try to participate !

Nirmala said...

I want to bite into that tart. Looks so yummy.

Krishnaveni said...

lovely idea, happy hosting Ayesha

Lorraine said...

This is a great idea! Bloggers have really taught me so much about cooking, and like you said, there are people out there who are just beginning to cook. This would be very helpful to the them.

Torviewtoronto said...

looks like fun cute logo :)
hope to join you
Salaams

Adelina said...

will send you one as well!

Ragini Miranda's Kitchen said...

lovely event !! will participate !! also eagerly waiting to see some quick n simple meals ideas :)

Srivalli said...

Umm, I have created the event in the Events page, it would be great if you can mention the end date. for now I have created under weekly events.

Unknown said...

happy hosting dear :)

Tanvi said...

Rocking Idea...infact , I just posted a easy fish soup recipe..can I link? :)

Fajeeda said...

thts a grt theme ...........will surely sent my entries........happy hosting..........

Pavani said...

great event dear... u may count me too in it..

Akanksha said...

very nice idea for the event Aishaa, will surely try to participate

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Interesting event..Will send in my entries !!

Reshmi Ahmed said...

ayeesha, are archived posts allowed ?

shriannalakshmi said...

Wonderful event. Count me in..

sadaf said...

its really great idea I will send some super easy recipes very soon. Thanks for frequent visit to my space. You can help my by voting on my food buzz profile for challenge #2 voting will start today evening till day after tommorow here is a link for my profile in foodbuzz http://www.foodbuzz.com/project_food_blog/contestants/141
as voting start i will write a short post about it. thanks in advance.

Lav said...

Am in tooo..wil try to send some entry soon


Lavanya

www.lavsblog.com

Santosh Bangar said...

super idea and really blog recipes are for beginners bec only they search for learning.

रेयाज़ बघाकोली said...

You have got a good idea to share recipes with us... i like it too...

Unknown said...

Just linked back my entry. Should I also email you my entry?

Shobha said...

Gr8 idea !
Will send my recipes soon.

Anonymous said...

Blogged hopped in here through a link left by Monica in http://writerzblock.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/friday-feast-2-utterly-simple/


Superb idea!

Happy hosting. Hope I can post too! :D

Kalyani said...

hi Ayesha ! Nice blog..Is this contest still open??? I a newbie blogger and would like to submit a post for this event !

Raksha said...

Nice event, will send my entries soon.

Madhusmita Patra said...

Good event for beginners.
http://redspice.in/quick-time/

Soni Mishra said...

great idea!i'm sending my soon:)

Madhusmita said...

Here is my entry called "Cheese Puff Pastry"-
http://redspice.in/2011/05/cheese-puff-pastry/

Mira said...

good announcement & nice theme. Wish you all 'the best'.

Pinoy Kitchenette said...

This is a very exciting event! I'll be linking up soon.
Thanks for dropping by my site. Just followed you too! Have a great weekend!

Mrs.Ahmed said...

Hi, am hosting my first event :)

http://hyderabadicuisinerecipes-angel.blogspot.com/2011/07/announcing-event-whats-everyone-having.html

FOODILICIOUS said...

Happy hosting!..will be linking soon!!..glad to follow u :)

http://deviliciouschef.blogspot.com/

Cheers!!

Madhusmita said...

Tapioca/Sabudana Upma from RedSpice.in - http://redspice.in/2011/08/tapiocasabudana-upma/

Eat Right said...

First time I am on your blog and loved your blog very much. Interested to participate in your contest. Will link my recipe to this contest.

Unknown said...

wonderful theme..Will be sending you my entry soon.visit me at;
http://indulge-ashscorner.blogspot.com/
Love Ash.

Anisha said...

Its my first time here... great blog! I'm a new blogger, this is probably going to be the first event for me. So I'm really looking forward to it.

I would surely be visiting often.

Poonam said...

I guess i do have something to link ,............ :)

Varada said...

Hey, I would like to send this recipe: http://varadasharma.com/2011/10/lunch-at-office-recipe/ for the event. Is it still on?

Great blog!
~Varada

Crumpled Chillies said...

I am in.. please check out my entry at
http://crumpledchillies.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-never-met-cupcake-i-didnt-like.html

Kalyani said...

hi Umm:

I wanted to link today's simple stir fry, but didnt get where i need to link it.. the URL is here : http://itsnotmadrasi.blogspot.com/2011/10/radish-stir-fry-with-moong-dal-mulangi.html

thx
Kalyani

Fahad Khan said...

Hi!I just learnt about this event.Is it still on?:-)
Great concept,after all,quick and easy recipes is what one wants today.Cooking at home is not about sweating in the kitchen for hours,it is all about pleasure - both from cooking,and eating,of course!

Kokila said...

Lovely theme.Happy hosting!!!
I'm sending entries kothu corn tortillas.

Ongoing Events:
Foodies Nest
Milk Shake~Event
Friday Special~Week1

spicenflavors said...

I will send some recipes,grt event:))

spicenflavors said...

Also I am happy to follow ur blog,do visit and follow my Blog too:))

Unknown said...

Woww..jusat loved dis event..2day is a sunday..w8ng 4 2morrow to post my link...Do check my blog at ur leisure..
sajinastastes.blogspot.com

Kitchen Rhythms said...

is this event still going on?

happy to follow you...

kitchenrhythms.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...