Friday, March 4, 2011

A.W.E.D- Indian Cuisine, Event Announcement

Hello Foodies,
   I'm really pleased to announce that A.W.E.D  is going to explore Indian Cuisine this month, yes you are right I'm the host for March 2011.

   A.W.E.D stands for A Worldly Epicurean's  Delight, started by DK of Chef in You.  Chef in you is a well known  popular site, she is known for her perfect delicious recipes with easy to follow instructions.  In DK's A.W.E.D was started basically to explore different cuisines around the world.  It's true that the more the cuisines which we explore, the better we understand the flavours.  Thank you DK for giving me this great opportunity to host your event.
  
Let me say a few words about Indian cuisine before going to the rules. Indian cuisine doesn't need introduction.  Indian curries, sweets and halwa are famous around the world.  Indian cuisine is not just limited with curries and sweets.  There is a vast cultural diversity starting from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.  If you say that the staple food of people who live in the north is wheat, for people in the south it's rice.  I wonder if any other cuisine involves so many wide range of spices and herbs.  Some of the well known recipes from India are Tikka masala, Naan bread, Hyderabad dum briyani, Idli, Dosai, Vadai, Roti's ,  Gajar ka halwa, Gulab Jamun, Rasmalai ....... and so many.  Actually I would say that to explore Indian cuisine this one month would not be sufficient.  Although I was born and rised in India, I haven't explored the whole of Indian cuisine.  So let's explore Indian cuisine this month with A.W.E.D.  Here are the few rules which you have to follow,

Rules for the event:
1. Prepare any Vegetarian dish starting from appetizer to dessert which fits the theme.
2. Multiple entries are welcome.
3. Give a link to this event announcement page and DK's announcement page.  I would really appreciate if you can use the logo in your post.
4. Mail me the following details at ayeesha.riaz@ googlemail.com
   a. Your Name:
   b. Recipe Name and Url:
   c. Picture of your recipe reduced to 200 px( If you couldn't reduce, no problem)
5. If you do not have a blog, you can mail me your recipe with a picture to my mail id.
6. Last date for your submission March 30th( Midnight 12- European Greenwich Mean Time)

I'm eagerly waiting to see all your spicy and sweet entries.

43 comments:

Shobha said...

Lovely ...nice to see this event. will send my entries.

Deeksha said...

Happy Hosting Dear!

Plateful said...

I'm so glad this event is gonna explore Indian cuisine in all its varities, aromas, colors, and textures..wonderful! Can't wait to see what everyone shares.

Nammi said...

wow, cant wait to see the entries :)round up recipes

veena said...

Ah this is perfect. will send many:-)

Shama Nagarajan said...

happy hosting dear

Sushma Mallya said...

lovely event!

Satya said...

Finally it came to india. I am going to definitely be in.

Anita said...

Very interested to send my entries to this event. Soon I will send my entries..

Radhika said...

That's a very nice logo. surely participate.

Sravs said...

Nice event... will send u my entries !!

SouthIndianHome said...

This is a very good event.
Will surely send the recipes

KrithisKitchen said...

Great Event... Would try to send some of by entries..

http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com

vandana rajesh said...

Nice event...happy hosting. Will send in my entries shortly.

Finla said...

I am sure you will have loads of entry. Will join in if i cook so;ething indian vegetairn

Edible Art said...

Congratulations on hosting !!! Yaay ! (:

Oriyarasoi said...

Congrats!!! I am looking forward to participating!!

Rumana Rawat said...

Happy hosting dear. 1 question archive entries are allow?

Vimitha Durai said...

Happy hosting... Will send in my entries..

Umm Mymoonah said...

Thank you everyone for your love and support.
To Rumana, yes you can send your old entries.

Unknown said...

wow, that is a wonderful theme. Happy hosting, will surely send my entries :)

sonu said...

good event..will surely send in my entries !

Swetha said...

Will send in my entries for sure. Its always a pleasure to make Indian food. :).

Hephzi said...

Interesting ! I will send my entry..www.hephziskitchen.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

perfect event to explore Indian flavours will send my entries soon, can we post the archived ones?
happy hosting

Jabeen said...

Sweety.. Super theme.
Happy Hosting !

Anonymous said...

just send you an entry, will send many, I will email you after sending the rest,
thanx for visiting my blog dear

Unknown said...

look forward to participating dear:)

Panchpakwan said...

Sent my recipe..hope you have recived it.

Raksha said...

m participating :)

Kalyani said...

Count me in ! looks lovely to be in ! happy hosting and glad to follow you too :)

? said...

Ayeesha, am participating.
However there seems to be some issue with the email you have given here: should it be AT gmail DOT com, instead of Googlemail DOT com?
Thanks!

Umm Mymoonah said...

To ? , The email id is correct sweety, If I din't receive your entries let me know through your comments :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ayesha
there seems to be some issue with the mail id you have staed here. email errors are coming says not recognized
nyway I sent it as ayeesha.riaz@gmail.com
Hope you have received it
just confirm it once

happy hosting

Smita said...

Great event...sending my entry too.

Madhusmita Patra said...

Great event...sending my entry too.

Madhusmita Patra said...

Great event.. sending my entry too.
www.redspice.in

Asiya Omar said...

great event ums,happy hosting.

Simplyfood said...

I have sent two entries in, pls let me know if you have recived as email you have given is showing errors so sent to:
ayeesha.riaz@gmail.com

Unknown said...

i would like to send my entries so kindly plz tell me how can i send since i'm new to this blog i dont know to send the entries.

Unknown said...

hi ayesha, just want to know who is the winner of A.W.E.D event

Raksha said...

when is the round-up dear?

veena said...

Ayeesha i sent u my link long back. Hope you recd it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...