Surakai or doodhi is one of my favourite vegetable, this is really good for your skin.
This dish will be in our menu almost every week and simple to make.
Moong dal - 1 cup
Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
Dried red chillies- 2
Curry leaves- a few spring
Coconut milk( optional)- 100 ml
Oil- 1 tbsp
1. Cook the dhal with turmeric and salt.
2. Heat the oil in a pan season it with mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves, dried red
3. Fry the onions until slightly brown,then add the tomato and cook until soft.
4. Now add the spices and fry for a min.
5. Now add the surakai cut into small pieces and cook it well.
6. Finally add the dhal and coconut milk and boil it for 10 min