This sweet is one of my childhood favourite, i still remember those days when i used to go to shop with my cousin and buy these little treats.
Yellow Split peas- 100 gm
Brown sugar or normal sugar- 100 gm
Ghee or oil - 2 tsp
Plain flour - 100 gm
Yellow food colouring - a pinch
Cardamon powder- 1 tsp
Coconut grated- 1 tbsp
a little ghee or oil for frying
1. Cook the dhal with water just enough to cover it.
2. When your cooking you can find white layers forming on top remove it, drain the water
and fresh water and cook it.
3. Cook the dhal until it's soft.
4. Now blend the dhal with sugar and cardamon powder without any water.
5. In a pan heat little ghee add the coconut, blended dhal and make it into paste.
1.Mix the plain flour with food colouring, ghee and water to make smooth dough .
1. Make small round balls with dough
2. Make equal balls with the dhal paste.
3. Flatten the dough balls and keep the filling dhal paste and form it into round.
4. Roll it out with a rolling pin into a thin circle.
5. Apply little ghee in a pan and fry it on both sides.