Sponge cake is almost the basic cake for making any cake with icing and this is the first ever cake i tried. You can fancy this recipe by adding different flavours and icing.
Selfraising flour- 250 gm
Caster sugar- 250 gm
Unsalted butter- 250 gm
Lemon zest- 1 tsp
Vannila essense- 2 tsp
a dash of milk if needed
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
2. Grease and line a 23 cm square cake tin.
3. First beat the sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Now add the eggs one by one and beat it well.
5. Don't allow the mixture to curdle, if u see like that add some flour.
6. Now add the flavouring and the flour and mix it smoothly without any lumps.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 20 to 25 min.
8. Check the cake with wooden skewer or fork if it comes out clean the cake is ready.