1 medium orange
Butter- 175 gm
Light muscovado sugar- 175 gm
Self raising flour- 175 gm
Ground Almonds- 50 gm
Bicarbonate of soda- 1/2 tsp
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degree celsius, fan oven 170 degree celsius
2. Butter and line a 20 cm round cake tin.
3. Puree the orange without any skin and pips.
4. Cream the butter and sugar until nice and creamy.
5. Add the eggs one by one and beat it well.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it well.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake it for 25 to 30 mins or a skewer
inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool the cake and dust it with icing sugar.