I'm happy to announce the Veggie/ Fruit A Month event here in Taste Of Pearl City. First I would like to thank Priya of Mahro Rajasthan's Recipes who gave me this opportunity to host her event. This event is started by Priya, according to the event, every month any one fruit or vegetable will be chosen as a star ingredient to prepare recipes using that. This month the featured fruit is Cherry. Cherries are found in abundant in markets during summer particularly in European countries.
The majority of eating cherries are derived from Prunus avium( sometimes called the sweet cherry) or Prunus cerasus ( the sour cherry). Cherry enriched diet lowers your body fat especially the belly fat. It lowers the risk of all heart related disease. In general cherries are known to lower the cholestrol level in your body.
Cherries also reduce the inflammation, to read more about cherries click here and here.
As long as I lived in India the only cherry which I was very familiar is glaced cherries. First time when I visited UK i got a chance to taste this sweet fruit, after that it became a regular fruit in our diet. There are enormous amount of recipes you can prepare using this fruit, you can also use this fruit in raw form in your recipes like salad. You can also use this fruit in any form like fresh, dried, canned or frozen.
You can also use this fruit in any savoury dish if you wish. Here are some of the few criteria which you have to follow:
Criteria For The Event:
1. Prepare any dish using Cherry as your star ingredient. From to starter to dessert you can prepare any recipes, it can also be in the raw form in the recipe.
2. Please don't use alcohol and it's derivatives( like wine, beer etc..), animal gelatine or pork in your recipe.
3.I would also like to have only new posts, no old posts so that you can try making recipes using that fruit now.
4. Link back to this announcement page and also to Priya's event announcement page. I would really appreciate if you can include the logo in your posts.
5. If your are blogger send me the following details to my mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipe Name and Url:
Category of the Dish:
Picture of the dish reduced to 300 px wide
If you are a non- blogger mail me your recipe with the picture at email@example.com
6. Last date for the submission of the recipes is August 31st, so you have you have one whole month to use this fruit as much as you can according to your creativity.
Without any delay start thinking how to use this fruit , looking forward to all the creative treats .