The much awaited month for Muslims all over the world, the holy month of Ramadhan is here in just few days. Ramadhan is the month, where Muslims fast from dawn to dusk without food or water. This fast is obligatory on all adult Muslims - men & women - unless exempted. Hijri is the Islamic calender which starts commemorating the year when Prophet Muhammed(SAW) immigrated from Mecca to Medina with his companions. Iftar is the event where Muslims break the fast at the end of the fasting day at dusk.
Normally we break the fast with few dates, juice, porridge but after that we have a meal which will be based on different ethnicity. So this meal can include rice, pasta, bread, noodles, roti's , curries etc. To finish off the meal we also used to have some sweet or dessert.
So this event is about the whole evening, your recipes can be from starter to dessert anything vegetarian or non-vegetarian. You can send as many entries as possible. Since the criteria of this event is very simple almost all the recipes which you post will be suitable for this event.
Criteria for entry:
1. Any dish - starter, soups, dips, sweets, desserts, main course, beverages, etc.
2. Vegetarian or Non Vegetarian dishes are invited.
3. Few Vegan, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nuts Free recipes are also invited - so some who are allergic can also find it interesting.
4. I would appreciate if you could promote this event by placing the event logo in your post.
5. Please link back to this announcement page.
6. Recipes should not use pork (and its derivatives), animal gelatine or alcohol (including wine, beer, etc).
7. More than one entries - welcome!
8. Archived recipes are also welcome but please repost it again with the logo and linking back to this announcement page.
9. When ready (from now until 31st July 2011), please email the following details at email@example.com
b. Blog Name and Url
c. Recipe Name and Url
d. Category of your dish
e. Categories related to #3 - please specify separately.
f. Image url
g. Country of residence
g. Country of residence
10. Non- bloggers are also welcome for this event. Just mail me your recipe and picture of your dish reduced to 250 pix width at firstname.lastname@example.org
Iftar Moments without any giveaway, no way. We are going to have two giveaway offer this time, our first sponsor is Chunky Bling. Chunky Bling is a online jewellery shop, they have exclusive collection of jewellery from watches to rings, bracelets and necklaces in the sizes you want. Chunky Bling is offering an Elegant Swarovski Ring from their collection to one of our lucky winner. You can have a look at the collection from here. If you like to win one of these gorgeous ring, start sending your recipes to Iftar Moments without any delay. If you live in any of the following countries you'll be eligible for the giveaway.
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Puerto Rica, Saint Lucia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Phillipines, Portugal.
Also if you want to join their affiliate program and start earning some money, please contact them here.
Now coming to the second giveaway and our sponsor is Taste Of Pearl City on it's own. Taste Of Pearl City is giving a Cook Book as a gift. The details of the book will be updated later. This giveaway is open to only Indian participants. The book can be shipped only within India. Don't worry if you live in someother country, if you are able to provide a shipping address in India, you are still eligible for the giveaway.
So now without any delay start sending me your recipes....