Saturday, July 17, 2010
Iftar Moments Hijri 1431: Event Announcement
Dear Food Bloggers,
Its now official! Taste of Pearl City hosts the first event titled - Iftar Moments Hijri 1431. I am immensely pleased to host the first event and the timing could not have been any more better - for it is in the context of Ramadhan, the blessed month for Muslims world over.
Ramadhan is the month, where muslims fast from dawn to dusk without food or water. This fast is obligatory on all adult muslims - men & women - unless exempted. Hijri is the Islamic calender which starts commemorating the year when Prophet Muhammed(SAW) immigrated from Mecca to Medina with his companions. Iftar is the event where muslims break the fast at the end of the fasting day at dusk.
Normally we break the fast with few dates, juice, porridge but after that we have a meal which will be based on different ethnicity. So this meal can include rice, pasta, bread, noodles, roti's , curries etc.
To finish off the meal we also used to have some sweet or dessert.
So this event is about the whole evening, your recipes can be from starter to dessert anything vegetarian or non-vegetarian. You can send as many entries as possible. Since the criteria of this event is very simple almost all the recipes which you post will be suitable for this event.
My initial idea was to provide a series of recipes of my own, but I thought it will be fantastic to make it as an event that can attract a multinational flavour and make it more beneficial to everyone.
If you still have any doubt regarding this event , please feel free to leave a comment or mail me.
Hope everybody will help me make this event a successful one.
Criteria for entry:
1. Any dish - starter, soups, dips, sweets, desserts, main course, beverages, etc.
2. Vegetarian or Non Vegetarian dishes are invited.
3. Few Vegan, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nuts Free recipes are also invited - so some who are allergic can also find it interesting.
4. I would appreciate if you could promote this event by placing the event logo in your post.
5. Please link back to this announcement page.
6. Recipes should not use pork (and its derivatives), animal gelatine or alcohol (including wine, beer, etc).
7. More than one entries - welcome!
8. Archived recipes are also welcome but please repost it again with the logo and linking back to this announcement page.
9. When ready (from now until 10 Aug 2010), please email the following details at email@example.com
b. Blog Name and Url
c. Recipe Name and Url
d. Category of your dish
e. Categories related to #3 - please specify separately.
f. Picture of the dish reduced to 250 pixels width.
10. Non- bloggers are also welcome for this event. Just mail me your recipe and picture of your dish reduced to 250 pix width at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since this is my first event and the event is regarding Iftar, i don't want to leave the event without giveaway. So one lucky winner will be randomly selected to win the gift.
Giveway is open to both bloggers and non bloggers from any part of the world.
Don't Miss it!
I am counting on your enthusiastic participation and support for this event!!
Umm Mymoonah @ Taste of Pearl City